shatki holographs

For those that have experienced these, do they really work? If they do , do they treat they entire audible frequency spectrum? Can they be DIY effectively? How do they compare to other acoustic room treatments? Thanks.
aponter4
Yes, they can be done DIY. Quite easily if you have the woodworking tools and appropriate skills. Others have made them DIY and they reported very good results.
Tbg,

I trust that you are not in any way related to Shakti innovations or Bob Piazza! Could you elaborate on your experince with the Halograph? I do appreciate your honest input. Thanks.

Fiddler,

I have been following a thread about the Halograph on the audio circle were they talk about DIY. But it appears as though none of the participants have actually tried them or possibly seen them in person to understand if there is anything special about them that must be known for effective duplication. Also, they talk about using different materials ( MDF,etc) that would take you ~80% of the way to the Halograph. Well isn't our goal on the pursiut of the highest quality sound to get from the 80'ish% that can be relatively easily achieved to closer to that elusive "nirvana" of perfect harmony. In any case, these discussions are great and the only way to do justice to either product would be a side-by-side comparison.Thanks.

Rafael
I have no relationship with Ben or Shakti. I first heard them in a demo at CES. Had I not heard that demo I probably would have also remained in disbelief. My first pair in my room were not enough. I now have two pair and must say I keep experimenting as the effect of the second pair is so different depending on where you place them.

I fully expect that you could somewhat duplicate them DIY, but not very closely. I do not know if the particular wood, the particular shape, the particular length of the two types of wood, or the particular cavity behind the woods affect the sound, but they would be difficult and expensive to duplicate.
More to discover