Dedicated lines/surge protectors?

with all this talk of dedicated lines, it just occured to me, do you guys use one surge protector for each outlet? It seems silly to go to all the trouble and expense of adding 4 sepeparate 20amp cicuits for my main system components, and then plug them all into the same surge protector?
Joeb
joeb
I have a whole house surge protector installed by the electric company at the meter for $5 monthly fee. Makes for pretty good insurance too, since they'll cover up to $10k should anything be zapped by lightning.

-IMO
What you need are a couple of Balanced Power Conditioners. Search Balanced Power Technologies
Up here in Boston's pretty stiff, well-behaved grid we generally don't bother.
Subaru,
Glad to hear! Out here on the edge of the Rockies in Montana, we get some pretty fantastic lighting storms. It's not uncommon to lose power for an hour or so 5-6 times a summer. And since Bob Gagnon sold out Montana Power and Touch America to walk away with millions, a lot of the "juice" goes to other states.
Any way, I will talk to the power company about installing a surge protector at the new 100 amp sub-panel on the garage.
Joe
joeb