Recommendations of CD player for my system

Basically trying to beat it around the bush, skip the ongoing process of trying numerous cd players. Maybe by listing what I own so far, you could throw me some suggestions. Mind you, I'm happy with the way it sounds now, but we all know, it's an unfinish quest......
Systems as follows:
Pre-Amp: Myryad MDP500 Powe Amp: Bryston 9BST
CD Player: REGA PLANET( orig.) DVD: Pioneer DV-05
Speakers: Magnepan 1.6. I was thinking of getting, Meridian 506-20, or 506-24, for they come up on Audiogon at an affordable price. Is the REGA sufficient for what I have, or by getting, "higher end" player be an over kill for this set up.
Any comments would be greately apreciated.
128x128toudou
I have owned both the Meridian 506.24 and the Planet at the same time, and the Meridian is by far better. I don't think it would be overkill at all, in fact if you can afford it the 508.24 is significantly better than the 506.24. I have a friend who has a Maggie 1.6 and Bryston 4 setup and it sounds fantastic. Make sure you've got the 1.6s setup right, as that can make all the diffrence in the world in your system.
Had you thought about adding a DAC?There has been some discussion concerning the Timbre TT-1 {645 or so}.Its' sonic character will be along the same line as the Planet.You will gain in soundstaging and detailing.Use caution when deciding upon a digital IC.
I would keep your CDP and dump the Myryad for a bigger improvement in sound for the $$$.
Socrates has a good point. Be careful of the used (Meridians) - word has it that they are not quite as reliable as one would want - you might be buying someone else's headaches. The stock SONY players sound good, and the mods I pointed out are sensible and not stratospheric money-wise.
Thank you very much, for all your responses. I'll have to ponder now, and come up with, i guess, as to which cd player I should go for, or stay with what I have. I've had some considerable positive feedbacks, as far as keeping the Rega in my system, due to the fact that I tend to listen to lot of those older jazz recordings. Now refering to Socrates, and Ivanj comments about dumping the Myryad comes as a complete surprise to me. I was very hesitant at first before buying the myryad MDP-500. I did some research on it and read numerous reviews, and they were all favorable.
My first choice was the Bryston SP1.5 or 1.7, but the price was too high. Maybe you guys can suggest something.
thank you.
T