Rogue Owners Unite

Hello Rogue Owners. The goal of this thread is to let Rogue owners discuss the tubes they have tried in their amps/preams and discuss other tweeks that have been implemented with success. It would also be nice if you'd post your system components to help us compare notes.
buckingham
i have rogue 120 monos (stock). i have upgraded the tubes to nos rca's and tunsol 6550's. i recommend replacing the 12ax7 with a good nos tube. i had never heard the amps before and when i bought them....they sounded average. changing the ax7 made them into new amps. the tunsol 6550s (a matched octet) brought them to a even more musical level.

assoc equip. joule la 150 with opus m5 phono. merlin vsm-m speakers; vpi hw19-fr64 arm - shelter 501m2se cart. birdland oden lite dac; pioneer trans. mac 67 tuner; richard gray ps and all diy cables (super cables cookbook).

good idea on the post
Well I guess I should let you know what I've done over here.

I have the Rogue Magnum Tempest Integrated Amp. The Magnum version comes with all Electro-Harmonix tubes. I have changed the 12AX7's to NOS Mullard CV4004's and tried a QUAD of the NOS Phillips 12AU7's. My amp is still breaking in so it is hard to make a final decision on the NOS Phillips so soon. I do like the improvement that the NOS Mullards gave (was quite obvious). I also recently upgraded all my cables, which are still breaking in, so that is another variable. The first couple of weeks with this amp, the highs were quite edgy, but it has recently opened up. Can I bridge this integrated with a non Magnum version of the Rogue 88 Power amp?

Associated Equipment

EAD Ultradisk 2000 CD Player
Cliffhanger Audio CHS-2 W2 Speakers
Magnum Dynalab Etude 2001 Tuner
Rogue Magnum Integrated Amp
Virtual Dynamics Reference and Audition Cabling
Welcome Rogue lovers!My 99 came with NOS G.E. 6SN7 line stage tubes.The phono with NOS Jan Phillips 12AU7's and Sovtek LPS 12AX7'sI found the Sovtek 12AX7's a bit bright with some low level tube rush.Being the 12AX7's are in the first 2 positions in the phono stage I wanted quieter tubes.I bought a single Tungsram super low noise for the first position.This is a very quiet and sweet sounding tube. At this point I had tube neurosis so I ordered a pair of matched Telefunken 12AX7's and a pair of matched,"preferred stock" Radiotechnique 12AU7's.This combination was recommended by Kevin Deal.I now have the sound I was lookng for.A very quiet noise floor and a sweet but very detailed sound.The bass from these Telefunkens is very,very good also.Mark O. sent me some NOS Russian 6SN7's to try out in the line stage.I think I prefer the G.E.'s but its close.RELATED GEAR:Grado Platinum 4.5mV moving iron cartridgeRega Planar-25 T.T./RB-600 Tonearm1.5 meter Harmonic Technology Pro-Silway MKIIPass Labs Aleph-3 30wpc single ended Class A Bias.M.I.T. T-2 8 foot Bi-Wire/BananasParadigm Studio Reference 80's 92 dB 8ohmRega Planet CDP (old style)Adcom GFT 1A tuner 1 meter Alpha Core Micro Purl Silver.5 Meter Kimber P.B.J.Bright Star Audio Big Rock Home Brew amp stand/50LBS GraniteHome Brew RackBlack Diamond Racing Cones #4'sJ.A. Mitchell Tender FeetVibra-PodsRoom TreatmentsAttica Correctional Faciltiy Ceramic Skull(sits next to amp) I found a very big improvement in bass with the addition of the B.D.R.Cones under the 99I filled the 99 power supply with sand which lowered the noise floor even more.Just drill a hole in the side,fill and cork.This is a great thread!D-Ninty-Nine
Own a 66 preamp (non-magnum but thinking of getting the upgrade...). Changed the 2 linestage tubes (12AU7) to Mullard CV-4003 tubes with much success - better resolution and more warmth (bloom???). Rest of the system is: modded 333ES cdp > Rogue 66 > Bryston 4B-ST > Tyler Taylo Ref Monitors.