Speakers: all-time worst

What is the all-time worst (home audio speaker systems, not the plastic cabinets or ceiling types) loudspeaker system that you have heard, and why? In other words, the all-time worst value.
wenterprisesnw
How about a tri-amped system running Heil's for the tweeters, 901's for the mids and some Vega's for bottom end ??? Power amps would have to be some old "industry standard" Crown's ( of course ) !!! This oughta make you cringe just thinking about it !!!! Are your ears bleedin' yet ??? Sean >
I have to say, probably the ABSOLUTE WORST I have heard are an old pair of Jensons a friend of mine had (not any more!). But I have to disagree with the opinions of the Klipsch speakers. I just auditioned the new RFs last night at a hi-fi shop, and I was quite pleased. Not exactly audiophile quality by all means, but they beat most I've heard. I like the horn design. But everyone has their own opinions, and we all like our music to sound a bit different.
You guys should hop on over to audioreview's site and read "Jimmy"'s 4/30/00 incredibly insightful Bose 901 review :)
Bose is certainly in the running as is Cerwin-Vega but also many of the Japanese electronics makers speakers were gawd-awful! Plus packaged "Surround sound" systems with quantity 5.1 clock radio speakers included may open up a few new competitors for the "crown"
Bose SUCK, so does Klipsh. I really don't know which is worse. I also think Polk Audio and Infinity suck. I really think KLH must be the best I've heard. Whatcha think guys?