Speakers: all-time favorite

What is your all-time favorite loudspeaker system, and why?
wenterprisesnw
I don't have a pair YET but my favorite speaker is the Merlin VSM with BAM. I heard them on a tube system and I was blown away by them.
Are you a DIY speakerbuilder? I am looking at a 3-way using Dynaudio drivers. Please get in touch.
I have to think that the Vandersteen 2 series has been both among the most successful and competent performers in its price class for people who are serious about music. I recently heard the 2Ce and 3 Signature series and it just reconfirms that notion. The 3 signatures as Garfish notes above are an absolutely stunning example of the maximization of this design. I really liked this speaker alot during a recent audition and it will be on a short list the next time I upgrade. I don't think you can find a better balanced speaker anywhere near this price, at least I haven't heard it yet. Does anyone know of one?
The Paragon Acoustics Radiants are a terrific value for $2850, although I haven't compared them directly with the Vandersteen 3 Signature. I doubt they would beat the Paragons. These are even a better value than the Paragon Regents. I augment mine with the Sunfire subwoofer in a 4200 cubic foot concrete room, treated with acoustic traps. It's certainly better sound than I've heard from ANYBODY else's system, either dealer or individual, and I've heard some great ones...
as one who owned a pair of merlin vse with bam and now own a pair of aliante model one pinifarina speakers they are the best speaker for deliniating the human voice. don't believe me..ask lars fredell of ultimate audio magazine. see his review in the fall mag. they are detailed..transparent..and accurate down to 45hz. mate them with great tube gear and it doesn't get any better.