Quad 2905 ESL Arcing Sparks

Hi Folks,
I was listening to the Sirius XM internet stream and turned the gain up on Amarra SQ+ when popping occurred in my left Quad. I then saw sparks arc across the middle of the speaker. I eventually figured out that I should cut everything off and unplug the speaker. I waited for a while, I turned the speaker back on and then heard distortion coming from the speaker. Is there anything I can do?
Thanks!
goofyfoot
take them to Play it Again Sams and have them contact Ken at Electrostatic solutions who may be able to help them over the phone.
Sounds like a bad panel-
i owned Crosby moded ESL-63 for >20 yrs, with Entec LF20 Subs- sold quads wished i hadn't & bought 988's- traded 988/entec LF20 4 yrs ago as i live in HI with no AC & got tired of the humidity affecting the panels every few yrs & having to replace em after hearing noise, spitting, etc- got my rebuilt panels from Ken at ES solutions & had local guy who knows quads install panels-
Finally traded quads/Entec for mint pair of older Watt/Puppys with new drivers, etc. There not quads but i can rock em out & don't worry about replacing panels..
I agree Bgordonr and I've discovered that the panels are $500.00 each. I'm just hoping that it's one and not two or more. I'm still working on getting it up to the tech.
New panels every few years comes with Quad ownership, it seems. With the old 57's even more so! Mine are in storage, replaced by Eminent Technology Magnetic-Planars (like Maggies, but double sided magnets for push-pull operation, like ESL's).