Quad 2905 ESL Arcing Sparks

Hi Folks,
I was listening to the Sirius XM internet stream and turned the gain up on Amarra SQ+ when popping occurred in my left Quad. I then saw sparks arc across the middle of the speaker. I eventually figured out that I should cut everything off and unplug the speaker. I waited for a while, I turned the speaker back on and then heard distortion coming from the speaker. Is there anything I can do?
Thanks!
goofyfoot
Speaker needs service big time. Don't listen at head banging levels or dump speakers for a more dynamic one.
Thanks Ebm. I'm wondering what type of servicing this speaker may need and the standard costs that it will incur. The mistake was that the recording I was listening to was so bad that everything got turned up in order to hear it. In fact, the sound wasn't loud at all. The nature of this makes it really seem more like a surge ran through the speaker.
I seem to recall reading that the newer Quads such as yours have a protection circuit that is sacrificed to save the panels from damage in case of severe overload, and that after the circuit has engaged it needs to be replaced. Something like that. Perhaps Mobile Fidelity (the new U.S. Quad distributor) can help.
Thanks Bdp24, I didn't know that MOFI now carried Quad Audio. Yes, these protection circuits are suppose to work and in the past it has but not this time.
There's a repairman near Cleveland who may be able to do the repairs. And if they were still in warranty I'd be OK but I bought these a while ago. The Quad manual tells me to contact the dealer I bought them from, so in that case I need to call Audio Classics.
It's hell having something like this occur over the 4th of July weekend.
Thanks again.