Top ten DD turntables of all time?

I'm getting back into vinyl and need some suggestions. Please don't suggest belt drives!!! Better yet, let's mention only vintage DD turntables, since I feel they are superior to anything being manufactured today.
rod1957
Both twl and cwlondon make valid comments. But in both cases they cover only a portion of the field. Again, for a more complete and comprehensive history of the subject, as well as a detailed technical discussion, I'd like to refer you all to the DD website at:

http://de.geocities.com/bc1a69/index_eng.html

It's thoroughly researched and nicely presented.
Well "Rod1957"

I only know of three which qualified as the top direct-drive turntables of all time. And they are:

(01). ReVox 780 with Swing Around Linear Tracking Tone Arm
(02). Any Higher-End Denon in the DP Series
(03). Technics SL-1200 MkII (and if I could recall correctly, Technics had a bunch of other models with the Quartz Locked Direct-Drive System back in the late 1970's/early 1980's)

(04). And I am sure that there were others as well, I just couldn't recall right off the bat.

--Charles--
I loved the look, feel and performance of the beautiful Denon DP-60L. 30 pound high finish rosewood block with brushed aluminum tome arm/
My trusty Sony PS X800 really has no faults that I can specifically identify. Neglecting for the moment the linear tracking servo controlled arm, consider just the DD table.

There is no speed variation. This is evident using a strobe disc, and by listening to test tones (listening for waiver).

There is no pickup of noise from the motor.

Rumble is as low or lower than my old belt drive table which had a large diameter oil-soaked bearing.

It rotates the LP at a correct and uniform rate, while transmitting little vibration to the LP, or magnetic field to the pickup. Can someone tell me what it is not doing?

Now this DD turntable was not a cheap product, costing about $1000 in 1980. Perhaps, (and I think it so) Sony engineering did a good job on this product.
Nsgarch- Thanks for the fantastic link to all those vintage DD tables. I felt 25 years younger just browsing thru that website. Rod1957