What Chopin solo piano cds are the best?

Does anyone know which CHOPIN PIANO SOLO cds sound the best?
Is there a particular pianist, box set or cd that you can recommend? Thanks....Tony
tony194444
I second Lipatti, Michelangeli & Rubinstein, esp in Ballads & Sonatas. I can also recommend anthologies by Cortot (EMI), Horowitz (Sony) and the Preludes with Argerich (DG).
Cheers!
Gregm, dont forget the Pollini Etudes on DG, unmatched as far as I can hear. Its been nice talking to a few of you in the last 8 months, maybe 3 or 4 total people, but I see that this place is not for me. Stonewalling is what alot of this crowd seems to do. When they hate you, they ignore you. Good luck to all of the nice ones that have been friendly.......Frank
Hey Frank, where are you off to? The party not over yet (and there'll always be someone to give us a ride back home)!

BTW, I HAD forgotten the Pollini -- but can't find it in the dg catalogue. Would you have particulars? I was hooked on Cortot and Berezovski until now! Thanks for reminding me!

Cheers
I see excellent taste in the references to the classic performances of Moravec, Lipatti, Rubinstein, and Michelangeli. My German mother-in-law is a concert pianist and a Chopin connoisseur/collector: she once gave me a CD I was very impressed with: El Bacha, Chopin Oeuvres de Jeunesse 2 (1828-1829) (Forlane 1998); it made me love Chopin's juvenilia as I never did before. For the Nocturnes I keep coming back to the Livia Rev on Hyperion, somewhat unsteady rhythmically, but lovingly played and relaxing before bedtime.