Amazing Solo Piano Recordings

I'm looking to get your oppinions on the best solo piano recordings available. Style or genre is not important as long as the recording is pristine, clear, open and in your oppinion AMAZING! Please if you can, state artist, label, etc., so we audiogoner's can buy 'em!
bwhite
Thanks Albert. I don't usually listen to much Jazz, but would love to relive this music. I am listening to a pianist tonight by the name of Evgeny Kissin. I'm on my second time through the disc and he is a very talented. I picked it up used without a liner so can just say that it is on RCA Red Seal/BMG, the music is by Chopin and the date is 1999. I may try to look it up on BMG to see if I can get the titles of the pieces that he is playing.
Thelonius Monk, "Alone in San Fransico". The Discs here to get are the Japanese (Prestige) K2 mastered editions. They come in cardboard Sleeves and can sometimes be found at Tower Records in their import section. The K2's, I believe, are a lesser version of the XRCD process. Retail $21-25. Anyhow, enough of the technobabble: this is great disk - warmth,detail and atmosphere - a perfect setting for the eccentric/brilliant Mr. Monk.
Marc Andre Hamelin plays Nicolai Medtner (4CD)(Hyperion)
Dinu Lipatti plays Chopin Waltzes (EMI). The Lipatti may be an older recording (51 or 52), but playing like that has never been recorded before, and probably never will. The Medtner of course is beautifully recorded; not to mention the fact that musically, it is a rare gem indeed. Enjoy!
1. Virtuosa valentina vol 2, audiofon HDCD
2. Beethoven works for piano-Yuri kim, Well-tempered productions
3. Eugene Istomin-Mozart-Reference recordings
4. Keith Jarret -La scala
5. Andras Schiff- Live at the concert ebouw
6.Dick Hymen Recital-Reference recordings
7. Larry willis- Solo spirit, Mapleshade
8. Douglas Allenbrook-Songs of love and death, Mapleshade- After first few tracks of soperano singing, solo piano playing is simply amazing.