Favorite composer @ favorite work?

None of us, will ever get tired from, Mozart's "Jupiter", or Beethoven's "fifth"...but the one i am really "discovering" is Anton Bruckner! His, entire 4th, "Romantic" is my all-time favorite! How' bout you?
eldragon
Since I was a teenager I have been listening to Vivaldi. My favorites are his compositions for Mandolin. I like Beethoven's music, especially his Symphony No. 9 (if any work is my all-time favorite this would be it). My most recent discovery has been Mahler. His Symphony No. 1 is absolutely fantastic. Another very good composer I have been listening to of late is Schumann. I first heard his Symphony No. 3 at a live performance and immediately went out and bought a copy.
Eldragon I hope you picked up the Decca Legends Bohm/VPO at mid price. This has long been the performance of choice for Bruckner 4th now remastered with great sound. My favorite composer is Tchaikovsky, a marytr of the romantic movement. His ballets are timeless, and which composer's very first piano concerto can compare to Tchaikovsky's 1st? Symphony's 3-6 are endlessly enjoyable. Only downside is he was not as prolific as other composers, and was not revolutionary like Mahler, but he is the culmination and brightest star of the romantic movement.
Mozart and Vivaldi are a joy to listen to...but, if I had to list just one..it would be Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin. Also, the work of Aaron Copland should not be overlooked