Super Audio CD

I have not had the opportunity to listen to a Super Audio CD player yet in person and was wondering what people think of them who have experience with them. First off, what do yoiu think of the different models you have experience with and second, do you think that buying one is a better investment than a comprably priced CD player? Related to that is the question of how well those players play normal CDs. Thanks in advance!
128x128nhorton
I hope it doesn't go the way of Beta Max. That's a real problem. Best possible "port in this digital format war storm" Pioneer DVD player (525/333- around $200) and a Perpetual P-1A/P-3A 24/96/ Upsampler/Jitter control - less then$1700. For more info go to www.audiotweakrs.com
I hope it doesn't go the way of Beta Max. That's a real problem. Best possible "port in this digital format war storm" Pioneer DVD player (525/333- around $200) and a Perpetual P-1A/P-3A 24/96/ Upsampler/Jitter control - less then$1700. For more info go to www.audiotweakers.com
I think we should do something about all these dealers.They are interfering with the discussions.Message for Audiogon owners as well.
The good news is SACD is superior sounding tech, however, several problems for SACD so far, recording industry slow to adopt...this is where fear of betamax comes back. Also the few SACDs on the market are very expensive compared to CD, this will kill SACD, must be close to same price as CD and soon..other competing formats being tested and they won't charge $30 per disc! Also I hear players take forever to cue up 1st track on a CD, at least they can play SACD and CD to a high level. Recording companies for whatever reason seem to be waiting for final copy encription standard for DVD Audio to commit and maybe feel it has more long term viability because of video capability......the real question is can audio quality of DVD Audio come close to SACD, if so SACD future is uncertain....regards Sam
Carl, I have a Calfornia Audio Labs SS-2500 SSP which I use for as a dac. However it is still fatiguing when compared to SACD. Sorry. Cal audio does cd very well, but in case you did not notice, cd sucks which is why SACD and DVD-A were created. I know this is a dead horse because many still love records, etc,ect. but SACD is the "real deal".