Jazz Gems

Hello, to my fellow Jazz men and women.I just wanted to share the "cream of the crop" albums I have purchased in the last six months.If your a serious fan of swing, big band,be-bop and hard-bop these will give you hours of great listening pleasure.These are not re-issues of classic albums from the past,but current masters playing their "butts off now". A great bonus is all these albums are wonderfully recorded with excellent sonics.1}Phil Woods-Groovin'to Marty Paich-Jazz Media label 2}Scott Hamilton-Back to New York-Concord Label 3}Scott Hamilton& Harry Allen- Heavy Juice-Concord Label 4}Roy Haynes-Fountain Of Youth-Dreyfus Records 5}Joan Stiles- Love Call- Zoho Label 6}Ed Thigpen-Scantet #1- Stunt Records 7}Shelly Berg Trio- Black Bird- Concord Label 8} Kenny Barron Trio- Live At Bradley's- Sunnyside Records. A combination of living legends and up and coming great players who all can play the music at the highest levels of skill, emotion, and heart\soul on their instruments. Let me know if any of you enjoy this wonderful music.
teajay
Yep, I really enjoy Scott Hamilton - I just picked up Back to NY, nice laid back jazz with a little influence of swing. I would add to your list, Charlie Haden's Land of the Sun for some more laid back jazz based on Mexican romantic music. And in case any one missed them I would also add Hadens other more recent albums, Missouri Sky, and Night and the City w/Kenny Barron.
A few more since 1/05:

RAVI COLTRANE IN FLUX
DAVE HOLLAND OVERTIME
MONTY ALEXANDER LIVE AT THE IRIDIUM
JOEY DEFRANCESCO/JIMMY SMITH LEGACY
FRED HERSCH LEAVES OF GRASS
LINCOLN CENTER ORCHESTRA A LOVE SUPREME
TRIO (ECM1891)
MARION MCPARLAND & FRIENDS 85 CANDLES(a live 2-CD package
celebrating a special lady's birthday and her favorite music)
FRANK JACKSON NEW YORK AFTER DARK