recommended redbook classics

I won the entire Telarc classical CD catelogue back in the early eighties, just as I was converting from vinyl (it pays to send in those contest cards!) Since then I have bought very little classical music.
I am now looking to upgrade my core most famous and loved pieces by each composer with the finest available now (twenty years later on redbook). Finest is defined as a wondrous performance, beautifully recorded - spirit and soul win over interpretive accuracy.
Any recomendations would be welcomed for recordings of pieces such as Bach's Tocatta and Fugue in D Minor, Beethovens Fifth, Third and Ninth, Chopins Etudes, Greig Piano Concertos, Shuberts Unfinished, Berloiz Symphony Fantastic, Rachmaninov's Scherazade, etc? Treasureable recordings of any of the top 100 classical pieces???
128x128gammajo
For an instant classical redbook collection why not just order all of the recently remastered/reissued 20 "RCA Living Stereo" and 5 "Mercury Living Presence" SACD/CD hybrids? There are all great.

Go to the link

http://www.elusivedisc.com/

and search on the phrases in quotes above. Order 'em al. They are a bargain at $10 to $12 each.
Newbee. I took you up on your recommendation exploring Schumann's solo piano works and obtained a CD of Schumann Fantasy Op17 played by Evgeny Kissin RCA and absolutely loved it.
Tonight I owe you another thank you. I listened to the Ohlosson Chopin Krakowiak on Arabesque you recommended and was totally transfixed with the performance and sound quality. He reveals the treasure
in each note and then creates magic in the sum of the parts. I will not be surprised if this recording remains my lifetime favorite of the piece. It is a CD that I would be confident my LP friends would enjoy.
From Newbee" "Now if you want outstanding performances which I always prefer over any sonic issues I would be happy to share. ... for example, Beethoven Sym #5 - Carlos Kleiber on DG is intensely exciting - it just doesn't get any better than this!"
To Newbee - I listened to Kleiber last night - I totally agrree, what a great 5th! Energy, heart and loveliness, really captuired the joy and power of the peice. Also the sonic were fine.