Regrets, I've had a few...

So, what LP or CD do really wish you still had. Maybe you traded it in on new tunes after not listening to it for years and now wish you had it back. Maybe you gave it to a girlfriend who subsequently dumped you. Or maybe it simply disappeared into the black hole that was your first dorm room. Wherever it went, what are you really missing these days?

To get the ball rolling, I'd probably point to my white vinyl original pressing of Be Bop Deluxe "Live in the Air Age." Or the LP of Van Morrison "Tupelo Honey" (the CD sound can't compare.) Or maybe the first Stephen Stills LP. Or ...
dawgfish
Right on Kurt_tank! Who would get rid of their music, unless it was destroyed by your college room-mate.

And since it was mentioned, I too enjoy my Be Bop Deluxe. I still play "Modern Music" every once in a while.
For me it was actually a cassette tape of Jimi Hendrix live, bought it on the streets of Grenich Village when I was in college, it was labelled Woodstock, but wasn't.

In it Jimi does his first ever live performance of Hear my train a comin' (called it Trying to get my heart back together) and you could actuaslly hear him crying while singing it! I never found this collection again, and it was stolen with a JVC boom box from my apartment.....
How about "albums you saw in the store for sale but didn't have the money to buy at the time"
1. Special British import of Yes "Topographic Oceans" on coloured vinyl
2. German pressing of Bill Bruford's "One of a Kind"
3. Brand new in the store, for I think $19.00, Elton John's Greatest Hits on Nautilus, Half-speed (try finding one now for under $100.)
4. Peter Gabriel 1st LP on Direct Disk half-speed. Very hard to find now.

Albums I lost somehow... brand new when they came out, good pressings:
1. Todd Rudgren "RA"
2. The Tubes.. can't remember the title but the one with the baby suckling from the TV.
3. Journey "Look into the Future" the progressive journey, NOT the pop-version
4. Bob Marley "Babylon by Bus" UK pressing
I still enjoy "live in the air age", although it on black vinyl. They were a great band. Bill Nelson also did some interesting solo stuff...
I've been blessed, every lp, I've lost, I have been able to recover SOMEHOW IN THIS GREAT BIG WORLD, Thanks to Ebay!!!, And when I listen to these LP gems, IT STILL TAKES MY BREATH AWAY, SUCH GOD GIVEN TALENT, ICON NATURALS, KRIS JENSEN, RAL DONNAR, TERRY STAFFORD, NAZZ, JUST A FEW TO MENTION AND OF COURSE KRELL, JPS, AND MARTIN LOGAN, HAVE A LOT TO DO WITH IT TO!!! LIFE IS GOOD