Diana Krall, Norah Jones, Jane Monheit....?

Well, within the last 6 months I've found that I have a love for female Jazz singers. It started with Diana Krall and then Norah Jones and as of the last couple of weeks, Jane Monheit. Any recommendations on other great female jazz singers? How about male jazz artists?

It's always fun to explore a new genre and I love what I hear so far. :-)

Jeff
rgbyhkr
Cassandra Wilson is excellent! Jacqui Naylor is pretty good. Karrin Allyson is good; In Blue is mavorite album of hers. I have an album by Paula West that I enjoy called Come What May. People also Like Stacy Kent. Plus there is the older generation like June Chrusty, Rosemary Clooney, Shirley Horn, Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughn...
check out Joni Mitchells BOTH SIDES NOW. I initially hated this recording, feeling that her vocals on MINGUS were much more her own. Still, her phrasing on these songs still have signature joni mitchell characteristics, and the recording as a whole is well put together. Going 180 degrees elsewhere you might want to check later recordings by Etta James. Cassandra Wilson is a must.
Norah Jones is anything but a jazz singer. Everytime I think I might want something by her, I listen and say "no thanks I've heard it before by better". I'm right there with the older generation singers listed by Budrew and will throw in with Joni and Rickie Lee too!