Jazz Piano?

Alright, a few months ago I would have told you that I hate Jazz. I'm 24, I'm not supposed to like it. Problem is, my wife loves the stuff. So I'm watching MTV one day, and hear an interview with Jamie Cullum. I think, "Hey, here's something my wife will like, and something I could probably get into as well."

Turns out I love jazz piano. I've tried to listen to brass and guitar leads, but nothing hits me like piano does. Problem is, I don't have much of a collection-- none would be the more appropriate term. I need more.

So where should I start?
themadmilkman
I agree with the suggestions above and would add **KEITH JARRETT** to the list. He's often overlooked but in my opinion, he's one of the all time best jazz pianists. His Koln Concert album brought me to jazz over 30 years ago. Another favorite is Bill Evans. And of course Oscar Peterson...
Try going to www.accuradio.com, click on the "Jazz" tab, then choose "Piano Jazz". It's a great way to hear streaming jazz and decide on an artist/s that you may like. They have direct links to Amazon to purchase the CD. While there you can also check out other Jazz versions of Jazz. Good luck.
One of my favorites is Gene Harris, with the Three Sounds or his trio. You just can't go wrong with Gene Harris.
A great one to buy is "This One's for Blanton" by Duke Ellington and Ray Brown. Very accessible.