to replace PB-8 Transparent Plus BiCable

I bought the Transparents back in 2001 for 803 B&Ws.

I still have the same speakers but wondering about replacement with smaller, narrower cables to use in a smaller room.

Has cable technology improved since 2001?
Thanks for your help.
gerry123
Zd542
"Why would you say that? I don't care for B&W myself, but they have more than enough detail to show cable differences"

It has nothing to do with the B & W speakers. He is asking if he will hear a difference with the newer cable tech and I feel that new or old tech doesn't matter. To change speaker cables just because they are from the 90's does not make sense.
The difference in sound is going to be determined by whatever cable the OP replaces his current cables with. Maybe the change will be big, or maybe it won't. It all depends on the cable.
Gerry - some cable architecture have changed considerably, resulting in some pretty significant improvements.

One company that takes a completely different approach is KLE Innovations

I have been able to try most of their cables and they provide significant improvements over most of their competition.

I currently have the gZero2 speaker cables on my AV system and their gZero6 on my audio system.

Improvements include better dynamics, much deeper and much better controlled bass, very wide image and improved clarity and detailing.

Just Google KLE Innovations and read some of the pretty compelling reviews on their web site

I can also recommend their IC's - I have the gZero20's

Regards