"Junk" LP listings on audiogon - get rid of 'em

I've been a member of our community for a little more than a year and a half and in that time I have seen a slow degradation of quality in the Classified Section of audiogon - particularly in regard to LP's. I know it's a "free" listing and maybe that's the problem. There are some audiophile listings of quality items but mostly it's just junk. I think it might be an idea to set some standards for these listings. Audiophile-quality records only or maybe near-mint listings only. I'm just tired of wading through scores of "crap" listings...if I want to do that I can always log on to eBay...
bizcut1
This is something I too have been pondering and can't offer any suggestions for improvement. One man's crappy record is another's favorite. Is that a defensive statement? Hardly. Do you mean that only 180 gram or heavier vinyl is all that should be offered? Not. Perhaps some type of genre filtering might help.

I have a lot of excess records that are in exceptional condition that need to find a home and I've been hesitant to list them for several reasons. Listing them seperately seems like a nightmare as the seller but viewing whole collections (especially with a dial-up) seems like too much of a hassle for a buyer. Selling the whole lot for one price? I don't think buyers would take that seriously and I'd be busy answering fruitless e-mails unless they were priced as a near give away.

I'm inclined to keep things the way they are but the ability to filter by genre, artist or title would be nice. I would doubt that for a "free service" the staff would be willing to write the necessary database code. I personally would be willing to contribute a one time donation to cover the cost of the work. Anyone else ready to chip in, say $5?

I appreciate your sentiments and can only think of the one suggestion.
Aw, I don't know. Sometimes I might agree to a certain extent. BUT, one person's crap is another's great find that they've been hunting. I've bought a couple off here that I've not found elsewhere which were sentimental favorites from many years ago. Some would probably consider it pop junk, but I was glad to have found it.

One persons "audiophile" label is another's over-hyped, surface noisy garbage. I've heard some standard, even non-first issue, LP's that are much better sonically than certain "audiophile" re-releases.

Yeah, there might be some wading to go through. Same is true of you go to a used vinyl store. Sometimes half the fun is in the looking. Sometimes if you're willing to spend the time, you're the one that gets the pearl.

Now, if we're talking about the pricing of LP's by some on this site......Oy!
It has gotten ridiculous. How far does one have to scroll down to get through them. Last week I noticed how long the music for sale list was and some guy had 700 listings - 700, at once. This is crazy. Put a limit to the number of listings or something, say 10, after that you pay. It's looking alot like e-bayers trying to avoid fees pushing there garage sale/flea market items.
Post removed 
Ditto
There should not be any free listings it just invites low quality at high prices.Charge a dollar it will discourage the current practices.