Interconnect with great dynamics and bass slam ,

I recently purchased some Cardas Golden cross sepaker cables. They replaced my Dh Lab Q10s. I replaced the Q10s because i was getting some upper mid freq brightness.
I have Golden Cross interconnects from preamp to amp and from cd player to pre amp. The sound is very smooth and detailed .The bass and mid bass is not as authorative or as tight. The highs are better - more detailed and smooth.
The problem is the sound is almost too smooth the bass is kind of rounded off now .The sound is less dynamic.
My Question is.
Is there an interconnect that could give me back that great bass and dynamics of that i had with the Q10s, without the harshness i was getting. I think i would like to keep the Golden Cross speaker cables and try changing the ICs. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
grey9hound
Jmcgrogan2, I can understand why you had to order your priorities. I too had to do that when my wife was quite ill, but even then I got relief from listening to music. But I see absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying the quest for realism. I don't run off willy-nilly and buy the "latest and greatest" but if I hear something great, I can usually afford it.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with your accommodation to life, nor with mine. If that's all there is, I'll just keep dancing.
@ Audiolabyrinth
05-09-13: Waxwaves
Hello Gents, I see we are talking about different kinds of music now. That sounds like my cup o tea! Grey9hound, K&D is alright man, how old are you? I am a Thievery Corporation kinda guy myself. "The Outernational Sound" is my fav. Did you try Little Dragon?
Audiolabyrinth, my man, hope you are enjoying Dennis' favorite tunes played on your jaw dropping setup and havn some cold ones buddy! Give us some of you favs dude, and I hope it's not gonna be any of that "new rock" trash brother. That is almost as bad as this "pop country" crap that is all over the radio here.
C'Mon Audiolabyrinth tell us some of those CDs that you like .I need to get some spun up for Waxwaves who needs to come to knoxville and Critique my little Budget system.
I know i sent you a lot of Contemporary blues., which i would bet Waxwaves and even POps would like .
I have bit my tongue for a while here but cannot anymore.... Audiolabyrinth.... you have been giving advice to other (seemingly more experienced members) about cable selection, ground wires, floating ground stations etc etc etc for months now... all the while, judging 15k$ interconnects and 25k$ speaker cables with $100 bookshelf speakers from the 90's and an amp that is only functional in one channel?? hahahaha this is just too much!! Hilarious!! Actually, it is almost unbelievable how misguided your priorities in this hobby are.... I visit this thread everyday for a bit of comedy but now it's gone too far!!
I believe Winston Ma and Paul Weitzel, both well known recording engineers, teamed up to combine their knowledge of creating cables into CRL-FIM (or is it FIM-CRL). Since that time the company has seemed to split/transition several times. The current CRL company is not the same as CRL-FIM, but is related in its ancestery I believe. In any case the cords are not the same.

I happened to invest in a Dude preamp which is also made by Paul Weitzel. Paul of course recommended finding some of his cables. Recently I did find them on Audiogon by someone who use to be a dealer. I bought one pair and the difference in my system was significant. Much more than what I expected. In speaking with the sellar he confirmed they were the most dynamic interconnects he had heard as he has heard many of the top brands. Based on this all of this I actually bought 2 more pair from him.

I have a bit of an unusual system where I have an active x-over that has a channel for the tweeter, midrange and woofer. So when I try out an interconnect I can isolate it to a frequency range. As what many people have stated all cords have there own presentation with there own strengths/weaknesses depending on how sensitve your hearing is and how revealing your system is.

I can say confidently that if you want great dynamics and bass slam with tonal accuracy, but without over emphasizing any frequency or having bass bloat, CRL-FIM fits the bill.

I hope this helps,
Dave

@ Hessec, Hi?, whats up?, what inthe world are you talking about!, I have a pair of bookshelf speakers that are the infinity Rs-1 I have not used in two years!, I have the legendary JBL L7 tower speakers with stillpoints ss fotters x 8!, Taralabs omega gold speaker cables on them speakers!, Then I have a Krell 700cx amplifier that was $14,000.00 new!, the amp has been fuctional this whole time!, over the last 2 weeks, the left channel started getting alot hotter on loud volumes!, again, this just started happening!Oh, and yes, the mighty Taralabs zero gold interconnect I own, very profound these cables are! My amp plays right now!, I also have an ayon cd-2s tube player hooked direct to my amplifier!,, now, with all thaT SAID!, You really stuck your foot in your mouth!, you know nothing of whats said here, I bet you in no way have a system the caliber of mine!, I have nearly $60,000.00 k in mine! LOL!,, what do you have! LOL! Ha,Ha,Ha!, something else you are not aware of! ask all these fellas here if I know Taralabs products!, There is a couple of us and including my self that has bought Tara products since the eightys!, I live and breath High-end Audio and Taralabs cables!, If you have A question I can help you with, I will do my best!,, My experience in audio is 33 years, I do not believe you were aware of that!,LOL!, does not mean I know everything!, who does?,Thats real bad when someone misconstudes what has been dicussed in a thread and make a comment that is not warranted or necessary LOL!,,You have a good day sir!