Recommended CD of " Smooth Jazz "

Please,I need some recommended CD of "Smooth Jazz".Thanks
famaraca
If you can find(it's very hard but worth surfing ebay, cdnow.com) Malcolm McLaren "Paris" you will enjoy the music to your "orjazzm".
Yes to all of the above plus add Ken Navarro to the list. Try his "Greatest Hits" Cd great guitar work along the same lines of Peter White.
Several good recommendations above, especially Holly Cole. I would add Michael Franks to the list, particularly Barefoot on the Beach.

I think I have every album/CD he has ever made. Been a fan for 20 years. Vocals are sometimes over-engineered for my taste, but sound quality is excellent and I love the music.
I assume you're new to jazz??? If so, why not become educated with real jazz -- Miles Davis, Jim Hall, Stan Getz, Gerry Mulligan, Chet Baker, etc. Listen to some big band stuff, too. So called "smooth jazz" is good instrumental music played by good musicians. But, it lacks the improvisational creativity and soulful musicianship that "real" jazz possesses.

Just my opinion . . .
Some of the 'Jazz for a Stormy Weekend' type of series are actually very credible artists such as Zoot Sims, Ben Webster, Blue Mitchell. The people compiling these series have simply sifted through material to present more palatable jazz to the uneducated public. It's still good stuff and can be a launching platform from which to delve more deeply into the genre.

You simply cannot slam people with later Coltrane and not have them reel back. Just stay completely away from
Kenny G....please.