Pat Metheny Concert

Just been totally blown away at after 25+ years how he continues to improve his talents. 3 hours of nonstop energy with a great band. The drummer (Sanchez) is definitely the best I have ever seen. Anyone else see this?
128x128snook2
I saw the show in Houston and it was unbelieveable as well. The new drummer may be even better than Paul Wertico, and Wertico was terrific. He left the band due to parenthood.
The only part I didn't like was the fact that the background vocals of Richard Bona and Chong Wu were very diluted. The mix was terrible. But the music was terrific.

He was in Dallas on March 28 or 29.
I saw them at Oakland's historic Paramount Theater. The first 3 tunes were so fabulous, put chills up my spine.....
After the tune a standing ovation, first of about a dozen from an appreciative & knowlegable crowd. See this tour if you can!!!!
Have seen him 3 times and each time they were stellar. I could not contain myself and yelled AWESOME at one point. Incredibile cresendos that build and build, ever changing, while others join in until it erupts in elation. Very tasteful and one of my favorites. good pick.
He's in New York right now but there are only standing tickets available. I feel sorry for Jfrech -- He(she) missed it in Dallas.
I caught the Pat Matheny Group at the Santa Cruz Civic
Auditorium on March 21st and was blown-away with their
performance. Each of them is a multi-talented musician with
a high degree of mastery. Their sound is full, imaginative,
and consistently exciting. It was one of the best concerts
that I have attended - and I see an average of two live shows a week! I went out and bought their latest CD afterwards. Although it is good, it doesn't approach how
good they are in person!
Keep your ears open,

Solari Jenkins