Christmas music

I don’t know about the rest of you but I like Christmas music and the time of year in general-though I may be the only one who thinks like that here. I was just curious if any of you have any preferences for Christmas music that you like? I like Jim Brickman’s The Gift but there are some new ones out this year-surprise, surprise-Dave Koz has a new Christmas CD as does Tony Bennett-Charlotte Church-there are two others as well in that CD(whom slip my mind at this time), are either of these any good? I mean nothing is worse then getting a bad Christmas CD!!
tireguy
Hmmm... Lucky you, Christmas music lovers!
You can grab Christmas CDs in any supermarket for $2.99;
HMV and Tower Records in NY sell them sealed for $.99 each in the clearance crates or even by pounds like potatoes!
I've got Boney-M this way just to bring some religious flavour in my collection.
Hey Tireguy, I also love Christmas music during this season. My favorites in order of preference (maybe) are:

Louis Armstrong And Friends, "What A Wonderful Christmas"
Ella Fitzgerald, "Wishes You A Swinging Christmas"
The Manhattan Transfer, "The Christmas Album"
Nat King Cole, "The Christmas Song"
Peggy Lee, "Christmas Carousel"
Frank Sinatra, "The Sinatra Christmas Album"

Biggest disappointment was last year's purchase of Take 6's "He Is Christmas". Gimmicky and way too affected in that "soul diva sings the national anthem" kind of way. Could have been great. By the way it's always amazing to hear how beautifully natural voices can sound on old mono recordings such as on the Armstrong disc. The a cappella chorus on "Silent Night" sounds unbelievable. One can hear very distinctly each individual singer's tone quality as opposed to on even a great (musically) modern recording like Manhattan Transfer's where voices get congealed and indistinct in the electronic ambience.

Happy Holidays!
Eric, the best version I have is the Harmonia Mundi "Messiah Highlights." [HMT 7907120]

You might want to check out this link to CDNow to see if you would like the complete "Messiah" offering from the Hyperion label. (I just ordered it myself.)

http://cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=236229290/pagename=/RP/CDN/CLASS/muzealbum.html/itemid=444401

Charlie
All of the above are truly fine choices specially the "Cantante Domino" chosen by Danvetc this is a TRUE masterpiece. I would like to also add to this line up
"Start of Wonder" on Reference Recordings RR-21 done by Professor Keith Johnson master himself :-)

Also "Messiah" on NEW RCA High Performance