Boy am I glad no one bought my albums

Recently I ran an auction for 9 audiophile classical lps. You know the ones, for MoFi, Cheski, Reference Recording, ect.... I thought that $175 was a fair starting price, which means less than $20 each. These were in almost new condition. I've paid more for less!

Well, I didn't get one bid but I am not disappointed. I listened to them last night and boy was I impressed! Now, I am not a Classical music fan, it just doesn't move me. Sure, it is nice enough but not engaging. That has all changed after last night. The strings were fantastic the drums knocked me over, making me weak in the knees, and the horns were like sirens pleading me to stay.

And, Stay I will. Thank you for not buying these albums! It would have been a mistake to part with them!
ramstl
Bach's unaccompanied cello suite is highly sought after by everyone but none of the audiophile labels ever reissued any. The most sought after performer is Jano Starker.

Unfortunately, chamber music is not popular among audiophile labels. 90% of the audiophile labels reissues works of orchestra. Even opera is rare.
Rdr4b, The Janos Starker Bach on Mercury Golden Imports (reissue label) that I own,is the greatest Cello recording with the truest image size of the insrument that I have ever heard.
As far as Janos Starker is concerned, what can we say about the greatest player to ever record in Stereo.......Frank
Frank, you're 90% right. The Mercury Golden Import is nice indeed which I also have. However, the original works is much much better when I heard it at my friend's house. I first saw a copy at Tower Records in 1980 which I unfortunately couldn't afford. $25.00 at the time was half week's meal money for a poor graduate student. Two months ago I saw a mint copy went for $350 and still did not meet the reserve. Although I suppose I could afford it, I figure the money could be better spent elsewhere.

You're also right about Starker being great in Stero and all. However, if you don't mind listening to mono, Fournier and Casal are much deeper.