Solid state "backup" amp recommendation

Too hot to run my BAT VK-75SE all day on weekend during summer, like to have a solid state amp to fill that job instead. Will be a "backup" amp to my BAT, so can't spend a fortune on it. Budget can be $1k to $2.5k, it's a big range I know. Another criteria is XLR input so I don't need an adaptor.

Have tried Pass X-350, Rowland 8TiHC, McCormack DNA-2 Deluxe, Accuphase P-450, Levinson 331, Forte 4A and many others in the past, favorite was Forte for its musical and tube like sound especially considering its price. But I would like a little more power not to mention something newer for peace of mind.

Amps I am considering, Pass X-250, BAT VK-200/500, Classe CAM-200. What will you vote for? I am leaning toward Pass. Anything else I should consider?
semi
Ok, very diversed suggestions so far.

The 3 candidates I menioned above are safe bets, amps like Channel Island (or NuForce for that matter) are amps of the future and I am not sure if I am ready for the future :) Had a PS Audio HCA-2 before, though pleasant sounding it fell short on refinements. NuForce received raved reviews everywhere except Apogee forum where sub 1 ohm torture test on Scintilla nearly destroyed the NuForce. If I am old fashioned enough to use tubes, I can live with MOSFET or BJT.

McIntosh MC-122? Can't find one on Audiogon right now.
Post removed 
Like Gunbei, I too have a BAT VK 200. I can vouch that it runs too hot. I have also owned a YBA amp, and can tell you that they run extremely cool and are very high current. I think there is a YBA 2 HDCT listed that can be had for around $2K. Only 70 WPC, but very high current... also Stereophile Class A in its day.
Get totally cool, and gain power, detail, speed, and liquidness, and try an S-
H2O Signature. At least give it a try. You only pay return postage.

The builder hasn't produced a decent site, but you will find fine owner
testimonials, and a link to a superb 6Moons review. http://
www.iceh2oaudio.com/
Try Bel Canto eVo2. It comes with balanced I/O and run extremely cool.
Or if you prefer tube like warmth, Naim NAP 250.2.

They both have spacious midrange and run cool, albeit both need relatively easy speaker load to shine.