ARC VTM120 Any thoughts?

I can't find any information, reviews, or opinions on these amps. Can anyone share any first or second hand information? Also, does any one know what they might go for these days?
thanx in advance
pawlowski6132
Audiofeil, the more I research Quicksilver, the more intrigued I become. Currently, I see KT88, Mid, V4 and 100 Watt monos available here. Based on specs, the prices asked for these vary not in accordance with what I would expect. Could you rank these based on your experiece, if any, and opinion? Thanx
I had a rather detailed conversation with Quicksilver's designer a few months ago who pretty much said the mid-monos are of the same sound and music making ability as the V4s, just at 1/2 the power and don't look as cool. I've been looking for a tube amp to properly drive Harbeth Compact 7s and am considering the Mids or V4s but I need something with good current drive.
Tomryan, can you tell me which spec/measurement will tell one what the current drive is for a particular amp? Also, are you implying that the Quicksilvers do NOT provide enough for you? Thanx
I've only heard the V4 and Mid Monos but not with the same speakers. Furthermore I've not heard either one with your speakers. Therefore I'm a bit reluctant to "rank" them. Both are well built by a dedicated owner (Mike Sanders) and you could do a lot worse.
The 4JR's are 89dB I believe and should work well with either of these depending on the size (including height) of your room.
Both the V4 and Mid Monos allow you to use EL-34, KT-88, or KT-90 output tubes which is kind of neat. You can buy new Mid Monos for under $2000 I believe. Nice to have a warranty with tubed components.
All of course IMO
I don't really know how to determine that from specs but most tube amps are not high current deliverers. This is not needed with many speakers and I've used 300B and 572 based SETs with ProAcs, Spendors, Merlins, and Soliloquys with great success. However, I've been told the Harbeth's Radial driver needs current to "make it go" and S/S amps are current devices. Many tube amps can swing voltage but not so much current drive.

My experience has been that tube watts are more powerful sounding thatn S/S watts, and I'm now using a Plinius 50wt amp which drives the living hell out of the C7s. Sounds damn fine, too. I would think the 50wt Quicksilver Mids would do the same but maybe not - the Plinius is a high current device.

I've input a thread under "Speakers" asking about tube amp recommendations for Harbeths and maybe someone will better explain all this.

I can also say the Mike Sanders at Quicksilver has an impecable (SP?)rep and is available by phone to discuss any aspect of his stuff. He's been making high quality tube amps for over 20 years now and I remember the superb press he got when first starting.

Also, we have to remember that doubling the power of an amp will, theoretically, only increase loudness by 3db. I also love the look of the V4s and may buy them on that alone.