Audio Research LS-15 Infincaps

I own ARC LS-15 pre-amp. Mine has REL caps. Later in production they equipped their LS-15 pre-amps with infinicaps. Has anyone compare the LS-15 with REL caps to the one with Infinicaps? If so, what are the advantages in sound of this pre-amp with infincaps vs the REL caps. I am thinking of sending my pre-amp to ARC for upgrade to infincaps. The price ARC charges is not a killer, but it's still few hundred bucks. Is it really worth it? Thanks in advance.
128x128audphile1
Interesting thread. As an owner, I'd be interested in the different tubes as well. A few years back, I retubed with Sovteks from a dealer of ARC in Canada. When I got home, I realized that the factory set has a designation for each tube, V1, V2 and so on. The ones the dealer sold me had no such markings, and to this day I wonder if the damned thing is working right!
Can anyone explain the markings, and tell me if the tube sellers do the same so that each one is optimised for a certain tube socket.
Carl
Hi !
We are talking about the Infini caps in the signal path?
Anyone know when ARC changed from Rel to Infinite caps in the ls 15 .

Doesnt, ls 16 also have infini caps instead of Rel caps in the power section. Should these be changed in the ls 15 as an upgrade ?
LS-15 production with infincaps I think started on or around `'99 - '00. Also, along with infinicaps, ARC started making LS-15 with detachable power cord. Not being a big fan of replacement power cords, I don't care about that particular change
I ended up installing the new TRT Dynamicaps instead of the Infinicaps I planned to install. So far I have about 15 hours on the new caps and they are improving with every hour of use. Big improvement in the bass region, cleaner overall presentation. Sounds more natural now with better dynamics. I'm beginning to get used to the new sound and I like it. I think the sound will improve further with more hours/listenning time on the new capacitors.