PS Audio vs. Cary

I'm on the verge of purchasing my first audio system and need a little feedback. I've recently purchased a set of JmLab Chorus speakers (which I'm sure I will upgrade in the near future) and wanted some advice for amp/pre/cd.

I've pretty much decided on used equipment with the top two being PS Audio(HCA2/PCA2)and Cary(CAD308SA/SLP308), with Bryston and Proceed products on the outside looking in.

I'd like any opinons regarding any of the 4 listed above.

Thanks in advance,
Scott
shimanole
I have a Rocket which I really like. I agree Arcam is great, but it's solid state - Cary makes a CD/DAC that is twice the price and probably worth it if you aren't a vinyl guy, plus it's got 12AX7's and capacitors on the output. But you could get a Bel Canto DAC2 for $1200. or the DAC1 for about $500. on 'gon that would be (about) as good. I also like the fact that Cary amps/pre's are point to point, no circuit boards at all. Big difference to the ears, much more linear sounding, and has to be done right. Otherwise you get large variances between individual pieces that should be the same. The Rocket can be had for about a thousand bucks here on the 'gon if you don't mind rolling tubes and upgrading capacitors as needed, and $1000. is hard to beat. I agree the SLI-80 is a good choice as well especially if you might run an outboard DAC with more than one input on it, or a multi-in step-up like an EAR MC3 or 4, since the SLI-80 only has 3 inputs. However, you do get a headphone jack and a remote. Also you get the extra reach of the KT88's. If you don't care about KT88 beefy-ness and if you're worried about bright - what about a Manley Stingray? It has tiny runs of wire and bulletproof EL34's. Both the Manley and the Cary would mate well with almost any speaker. If $2200.-$2400. is too steep, Wright Sound makes great stuff, and if you suddenly get rich you could have two or three different amps using the George Wright stuff that wouldn't look as snazzy but would be quality.
Another vote for Cary Audio ANYTHING. I use all Cary gear for my Home Theater electronics which sounded so good with music that became my full time 2 channel rig as well.