Digital Amp's

Hi All,
I was wondering what everyone thinks of the newer Digital Amps that are becoming more common. I think these Amps are known as Class D amps. Belcanto is one company that seems to be pushing this line, but most seem to be coming from the giants like yamaha and panasonic.

What are the pros and cons of these AMP's over your everyday Class A/AB amp?
Any recommendations or condemnations for digital amps?

Thanks in Advance
dlite
Many of the modern digital or switching amplifiers are superior to mid-fi Class A/B amps in dynamics and bass control (depending on power). However, I have heard none of them that really deliver the high-frequency realism that a good bi-polar transistor class A amp can. I have modded several of these and they get better, but still dont challenge the best non-digital amps.

They can be a good value if you are looking on a budget.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
Manufacturer/modder
I've only heard a couple of them, and not the very lattest versions. I've heard quite a few of the Spectron's in various systems and didn't care for them. Thats not to say that they don't work for others in other systems. I've only heard the TacT's briefly in less than ideal circumstances, but, in that context they may be amongst the top three or so amps I've heard. If I was in the postion to buy anything in their price range, I'd make it my business to give them a serious consideration. It's interesting that Audioengr finds the top end questionable, as this is exactly where I'm uncertain of their ultimate quality. Further listening is required.
I have tried the PS Audio HCA-2 and recently Channel Island D-100 Both excellent amps but like Audioengr give me a Class A SS amp.
Third Audioengr's comments. Also they are really fussy about getting clean power. I could not run my PS Audio through my Tripp-Lite surge protector - even with dedicated line. But for good sound on the cheap, not bad.
I own a modified Tact 2150.
Best amp i heard period.
I owned amps from Pass, Classé, GamuT, Conrad Johnson and heard a lot of amps (i work in the hifi... and don't sell Tact unfortunately), the stock 2150 is already great but once modified (diodes, BG, high quality regulators) no amp can touch him below 10K$.