Tubes for Antique Sound Labs 805 DT Mono Block Amp

Hi,

I have just purchased the Antique Sound Labs 805 DT Mono Block Power Amplifiers, and I was hoping to get some advice on tube rolling. Specifically, I would like to find some NOS 805 tubes? 6L6 tubes? 12ax7 tubes. Where is a good place to buy these tubes. Thanks in advance.

Best,

Joe

P.S. Great amps!
jmorey
Hello,
Let me say some words about this cris Kipp from Sacramento.

After we had agreed with Kipp (the representative of Audio Gallery from Sacramento)I transferred to his account over 5000 USD as a payment for the Audio Research REF 2 MKII preamp advwrised on Audiogon. As a result I received neither equipment nor my money back. The Audiogon’s staff was strongly engaged trying help me to get either the money back or have the ordered equipment I paid for. Due to Kipp's attitude the case have not been solved – Audiogon had surrendered and I lost my money. I have every evidence of the case (correspondence, wire copies from my bank, and Audiogon’s opinions). The only punishment the seller got was exclusion from Audiogon’s community.
Beware of him!!
Regards,
Kruk
Even though I don't know the intimate details of your claim, how can you prove what you say is true? Last year you gave me some erroneous negative FB(To the tune of $5300) which caused me problems. To this day, I can't get it erased because the dispute process has to be followed even though you've printed a retraction. Kipp has spent years building his business. Prove your case.
The worst I can say about Chris is that sometimes he's too busy to respond quickly to e-mails and that he seems a bit disorganized often--perhaps the result to being too busy and now with a very pregnant wife/partner. He's done everthing he said he would.

Gruk, I hope you get your issue resolved.
To show you how busy he is, he'll travel from Sac all the way down to San Diego to deliver and do an installation...alone.
Jmorey, I finally compared the 2 amps, one stock and one modified.

The modified amp is less edgy/grainy/gritty sounding when reproducing the sounds of instruments with a lot of high-frequency harmonics, such as massed violins. Also, the modded amp retains spacial and instrumental decay better/longer, so I expect the soundstage will be larger in stereo. Definitely an improvement, even to this tin-eared audiofool.

Have finally found some suitable high-voltage caps--ASC oil-filled 'propylenes from Michael Percy--to replace half of the PS 'lytics with. (Have already replaced all the 'lytic decouplers with composite 'propylenes.)