Does anyone know about Sphinx amplifiers?

I have been told that Sphinx was made by Siltech in the Netherlands. Were they ever sold here in the United States and what period of time? Are they still in business? I would also be interested in anyone's impressions of the amplifiers they made. Bob
128x128baranyi
As far as I know the US importer is Mayaudio.com , I,ve heard them at my country sphinx dealer(mexico) and they were really astouding. Very black background, Exelent dynamics et all...Probably the best solid state gear I,ve heard. I,m not sure if they are made by siltech, but i think their internal wiring is siltech. BTW what i heard was their top of the line project preamp, a dual mono 250 watt project series amp and their myth series cd player.
I,m surprised they are not that well known in the US.
Regards and good luck!
May Audio appears to be the US distributor for Sphinx.
I have no other knowledge or experience with this line,
but I thought this would be a good source for details...
May Audio
I did call May Audio and apparently they are still in business. I was looking for one of their older hybrid amps but they are now making only solid state amps (project 18 amp). Bob
They are indeed from Holland, and still in business. I always liked their stuff, but couldn't afford it, and now I'm moving in a different direction. Anyway, the distributor in the US is May Audio Marketing, Inc. 2150 Liberty Drive, unit 7 Niagara Falls, NY 12404 t 716 2834434
f 716 2836264.
The (english) website from Sphinx can be found at http://www.sphinxlab.nl/. Good luck!