Help choosing Power Conditioner

Completely new to this area. I would like a unit that:
a) regulates power, keeping it within the 120v range.
b) provides good and long-lasting surge protection
c) can be used with a power amp as well as preamp, and sources all together
d) Hopefully helps the audio, making it more open and dynamic without negative effects.

I need to say under about $750 used. My candidates are:
Monster HTPS7000
Monster AVS2000 (how are these two different)?
PS Audio Power Director 3.5
Blue Circle MR1200 Music Ring
Any others...
Thanks!
kck
Avoid Monster....best IMHO is the Shunyata line...doesn't limit power and actually does what it claims....don't invest in a power conditioner until you've got a dedicated line and done some room treatments....this is about the last thing to spend your dough on unless everything else is in place.
Try a used Balance Power Technologies unit. I use one and it cleaned up everything.
I have used Richard Gray and now Balanced Power Technologies, both good products. The Richard Gray 600 has been in a box for 6 months. I would be willing to sell it for $750 (originally $1200) [email if interested]. Also, I have heard good things about the Blue Circle Magic Ring. Not too impressed by the Monsters.
Greetings,
The difference between the Monster 7000 and the 2000 is their function - the 7000 is a power conditioner - it cleans up the electrical input - the AVS 2000 is an Automatic Voltage Stabilizer - it is an automated Variac - meaning it has a large, computer controlled variable transformer than maintains a constant 120 volt output to whatever is plugged into it. You can use the two units together. Given your requirements, it sounds like the AVS 2000 fits the bill

I have both units, which is not a rousing endorsement on my part, (and I'm not interested in selling either piece) but I can say that they appear to function as they are supposed to.

Monster components do not go over well with many here, notwithstanding the fact that they are very well received in the audio press as being highly effective. My dealer has very high level equipment available, and Monster power conditioners are used and recommended (along with Shunyata and Transparent BTW) as a good value.

I believe there are a few reasons for the negative attitude toward Monster -

They have been suuccessful, and like other audio firms that achieve reasonable level of commercial success, they are no longer seen as part of the audio in-circle. If they were still grinding them out in a garage I'd suspect they'd be seen in a much more positive way.

They have initiated what appear to be superflous lawsuits aimed at groups completey unrelated to audio, who dare to indulge in calling themselves Monster in any way. I forget what the situation was, but I suspect it may be in the archives. Gotta admit this grates on me too.

Keep in mind that if surge protection (and a guarantee) are important, you can reasonably count on Monster to be there tomorrow, and their surge protection guarantee is $100k for damage when anything is plugged into it. Fairly compelling indication that they are confident in their product. I don't know what of the other brands you mention provides such assurance.
Best of Luck