Which Solid State Amplifier is Making you Happy?

I'm trying to find a new amplifier to replace a Musical Fidelity A3CR. There are lots of candidates: Rowland 501s, Pass Labs 350.5, Levinson 431/432, H2O, etc. What are people using and what has been a good sonic investment? I'm currently driving B&W N803s, so it's a pretty normal load. My MF amp does not offer enough punch or bass control. It flattens out at higher volumes. I'll spend what it takes, new or used. Less than $8K would be nice. All comments welcome.
Peter
pscialli
Try and listen to Chord...I replaced the Nuvista CD and Trivista amp with Chord Blu/Dac and CPA 2200 pre / 1200C power. The difference was astounding. Hooked on Chord, I recently upgraded the pre to the new 3000 which is magnificent - so I am now selling the CPA2200 pre. Im looking for the Monoblocs soon. With your budget you would be able to find a nice used pre/power combination. Try them, you will not be disappointed.
I've got the small MBL mono blocks, 8011AM. Don't let the size fool you, these boys are really powerful. I think these amps are a hidden gem. They've outperformed everything I've heard including some very expensive amps (darTZeel for example), and some hyped ones (ASR Emitter II Exclusive). They work great in other setups as well, an all-MBL setup like mine is certainly not required. For example, another guy in this town bought them for his Wilson WP7 and he claims they are stunning in his setup.

Anyway, if you can, lend them an ear and see what you think. :) They're breaking your budget a bit unfortunately, but if you can find them used they should be right on the money.
I think I have read that B&W uses Krell at their plant to test their speakers. I have heard Rotel with B&W's so I imagine any conventional amp will drive the speakers adequately.

I have used Aragon and Krell to drive Maggies and a few other speakers and want a Plinius amp next.

Depending on your room and how hard you want to drive the speakers any amp with aprrox. 100watts plus would be adequate unless you have a concert hall.

I would make certain to match gain levels of your equipment to make certain that you do not run flat of power using the pre-amp to get the most from your equipment. Seems strange the MF would not push the speakers adequately ,but maybe there was not enough power.
Essence Emerald Amps, both an Essence II Stereo and Emerald III Reference Monoblocks. I have heard dozens of amps in my system and once I heard these I stopped looking for the Holy Grail of amps. I sold every other SS and tube amp I had.
Rlawry, which SS and tube sacred cows has your Emerald put to shame? Do give us details.