CJ Premier 18/Cary slp 98-which is closer to PF-R?

Hi
I am looking for a midrange sound that is closer to Conrad-Johnson PF-R,lush,room filling bloom.Which one of this amps would be a closer match?Thank you for your inputs.
overhang
I own both the SLP98 & the PF-R; using them in my 2 systems. They are both great pre-amps, but very different IMO. You almost can't go wrong with almost any Cary component, if it works with your system, but then I've also loved all the C-J gear I've owned. As for looks, Cary is usually "sexier".......
slp98 is one of the best bargains in the market and if you upgrade it with some Sylvania Nos...you've got a killer pre.
If you need more microdynamics and transparency then check also the LAMM.
imho.
I just purchased an SLP-98L and even with stock tubes it sounds very nice. It brings the music to life. Eventually I'll do some tube rolling, but will probably keep the rest of it stock.
Clio09,
I have the same with phono, I agree with you that with stock valves sounds terrific but with NOS takes of ! IMHO. Also use a good power cord is the best upgrade even above valves. I use Virtual Dynamics NiteII and I'm very satisfied with the result. And give some time for burn-in.
Kops,

What tubes are you using/tried with the SLP-98? I'm using an original Electraglide pc right now, but am looking into a VH Audio Airsine, Michael Wolff, and Electraglide UK (seems like there are some good deals on these here). I'll check into the Virtual Dynamics as well. Thanks