Best spkrs under $700 for a Rotel RA-1070 integrat

I just purchased a Rotel RA-1070 integrated (100 watts x 2 into 4 ohm) for a great price. Now I'm looking to pair a set of speakers for them. I had originally intended on purchasing a pair of Ascend Acoustic CBM-170's, but now I feel as if my amp is way too strong for a simple bookshelf speaker. I've never specifically heard the 1070, but I have heard the 1062, and it was described to me as a bright amp.

Should I consider any of the following speakers in either bookshelf or floorstanding models? I've auditioned B&W's, Paradigms, and I'm also still considering the Ascend's. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm also open to used speakers, but my speaker budget is $700 max, preferrably less.
hendro
I have owned the RA-1070, nice amp but can be just a little bright, but not as bright as the Acurus DIA-100 I owned previously. This is using B&W N805 speakers. First the RA-1070 is 100 w/ch into 8 ohms not 4. A Hi-Fi Choice review showed the amp is capable of, I believe 140 w/ch into 8 and greater than 200 w/ch into 4 ohm, if I remember correctly. TNT-audio also did a review.

I also used this amp on Paradigm Studio 20 v2's and the sound was great, no brightness, deep bass and warm, I think this may be a great combination. I believe the Rotel can easily drive the Vandersteen's though I have never heard the combination.
vin,

Paradigms are pretty efficent speakers. I owned the Studio 40's and there are 91 dB @ 8 ohms. The 20's @ 90 db @ 8 ohms with the tweeter and one 7" driver are much easier to drive than the Vandy's @ 86 dB 7 ohm's with a tweeter, 4.5" midrange driver and a 10" woofer are a lot tougher to drive. Don't get me wrong, I think Rotel makes solid gear but, believe that 1070 and the Vandy's are not a good match. Never heard the combo myself but on paper it just doesn't look good. I guess the only way to find out would be to listen to them together and find out.