Best spkrs under $700 for a Rotel RA-1070 integrat

I just purchased a Rotel RA-1070 integrated (100 watts x 2 into 4 ohm) for a great price. Now I'm looking to pair a set of speakers for them. I had originally intended on purchasing a pair of Ascend Acoustic CBM-170's, but now I feel as if my amp is way too strong for a simple bookshelf speaker. I've never specifically heard the 1070, but I have heard the 1062, and it was described to me as a bright amp.

Should I consider any of the following speakers in either bookshelf or floorstanding models? I've auditioned B&W's, Paradigms, and I'm also still considering the Ascend's. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm also open to used speakers, but my speaker budget is $700 max, preferrably less.
hendro
I really like Vandersteens but, I don't think the Rotel has enough juice for their 86 dB at 7 Ohm rating. Just my opinion.
I have a pr. of Spendor S3/5 SE's that i bought for $750 used on A'gon. They're truly "high end" speakers, IMO, & blow away B&W's in their price range.
I think Green Mountain Europa's would be a nice match with the Rotel. Need rigid stands too.

Regards,

I've bought both Meadowlark Kestrels and Soliloquy 5.0's for use with Rotel amps for friends. Both sound exceptionally nice, though different. The Kestrels are floorstanders and the Soliloquy's are monitors. I'd think almost any speaker from Meadowlark or Soliloquy that you can find under your budget would be a good bet.
Last year I listened to the RA-1070 with B&W 805s. They seemed too reserved with the Rotel. At another dealer I listened to the Rotel with Paradigm Studio 20's. They matched very well.