Thick 2" maple amp platform--couple or isolate?

I'll soon be receiving a pair of TimberNation 2"-thick hard-maple platforms for my ASL 805s. The concensus seems to be to couple the amp to the platform, but how 'bout the platform and the floor, in my case carpeted concrete? I was going to spike it to the concrete, but Mapleshade certainly doesn't do that.

What's your experience?
128x128jeffreybehr
I use a 20"x20"x3" maple block from Tony's woodshop (~$77) on top of Mapleshade brass footers into carpet over concrete. Amp is also on brass footers into the maple. Works well.
I tried 2" maple. It is very mellow sounding with no dynamics. The cork and rubber isolators from Mapleshade further killed any of the pace of music. I cannot imagine why anyone would like maple as a base. Butcherblock although made of maple sounds more neutral, especially as used in the Walker Audio bases with his Valid Points. With these you use points under the components and the bases also have points below. If you can find 2 or 3 inch thick maple, I would think this is the way to go.
As far as I know butcher block IS made of maple and I used 2" maple butcher block before I went to Zoethecus stands and it performed great in my system
True, maple butcher block is made from maple. But I think Tbg is referring to sold board planks of maple 2" thick as opposed to maple butcher block. Mapleshade Records, for example, is a proponent of the solid maple as opposed to butcher block maple. Lloyd Walker is a proponent of the butcher block as opposed to the solid board, for the reasons Tbg cites.