Thick 2" maple amp platform--couple or isolate?

I'll soon be receiving a pair of TimberNation 2"-thick hard-maple platforms for my ASL 805s. The concensus seems to be to couple the amp to the platform, but how 'bout the platform and the floor, in my case carpeted concrete? I was going to spike it to the concrete, but Mapleshade certainly doesn't do that.

What's your experience?
128x128jeffreybehr
I used 2" maple block for years and it was terrific. I do agree to use decouplers under the amps and my strongest recommendation is to consider the Aurios Pro MIB. IMO there isn't a better one on the market
Guidocorona
That sounds like a terrific idea,have you or anybody you know done it?Any more detailed info?
Oneobgyn
The maple blocks that are shown on Boa2 link are IMO pretty much easy to make.Basically long pieces of maple glued and clamped together,then sanded and corners being eased off with a router.The maple box is a little more challenging with the dovetails locked corners.Thanks for the Aurios suggestion,I think I will get some used.

George
George, no I have not heard anyone constructing stands with heterogeneous materials sandwiches. Here are a couple of related ideas for composite platforms:
1. Timbernation offers already some nice stands made from a triple layer of 1 inch thick maple boards, running front to back. The idea of the multiple layers is of course to break the continuity of the grain hence reduce sound wave propagation. One possible improvement to this concept is to turn the middle layer at 90 degrees, thus with the grain running left to right. This should further increase rigidity and further dampen vibrations.
2. Related to the previous idea is simply to take several sheets of marine grade plywood and bond them to a thickness of 3 to 4 inches. As plywood is formed by multiple crossgrained and bonded layers of wood veneer to start with, the resulting composite structure should prove extremely rigid and well dampened.
George

Here is what I did and the price was very reasonable.

I had a local cabinet maker buy 2" maple butcher block. He cut it to the desired sizes , then gently smoothed off the edges with a router and sealed the maple with a light oil sealant. I would NOT suggest that you stain or varnish to minimize potential vibration.

Definitely get the Aurios Pro MIB

You can find them at http://www.audionut.com

Ask for Bob Williams
Thank you guys.

Guidocorona,your marine plywood idea sure sounds like a good project to do.I just need a source to get the stuff,Home Depot don't carry it.I did my own sandbox in the past,and also a home made all aluminum rack.

Oneobgyn
Thanks for the suggestion,I will definetely get the Aurios.

George