Phono preamp or preamp with phono selection ????

I want to add turn table to my system . As a beginner what kind of turn table is easy to use with very good looking ( a must) should I buy?( less than 2000$). is it better to have separate phono preamp or preamp with phono selection ? . Thanks you very much for all advice.
winsound
Also,,,used Audio Research SP9 and SP9 Mk II units are great values. You must assume you will put material money in servicing them since they are 15 years or more old. The MkII brings materially more money but I have no idea if it is worth the extra money. The AR fans can chime in on this one.
Also a very good value are the Conrad-Johnson preamps, particularly the PV-9A or Evolution 20 if you can find either one. In my opinion, these were the best of the PV-series full function preamps c-j made. After these two, the need to build to a lower-cost price point in the PV-series had its impact. And, the Premier 7 set its own standard.
The Aesthetix stuff is very good; it is also very, very expensive for even their entry level model.
I second the Hagerman Trumpet phono pre; however, it won't do low output cartridges. You must use a step-up or a cartridge that is high output.

I owned a Black Cube (w/PWX power supply) for some time. Some say it is "dry." I never experienced that at all. It also allows cartridge loading and, I think, 60 db of output--enough for any cartridge. Used, they are a great deal.

Then a decent line stage--I go for tubes. The AES DJH Super Preamp is outstanding (use NOS tubes).
The Wright Sound Company WPL20 is a superb full function unit that competes favorably with some very expensive full function and linestage + phono preamp combos. It is hand-built and point-to-point wired. It can be purchased directly from Wright in the Pacific Northwest for less than $1500. They give you 15 days to evaluate it free of charge. Well worth checking out.