Phono preamp or preamp with phono selection ????

I want to add turn table to my system . As a beginner what kind of turn table is easy to use with very good looking ( a must) should I buy?( less than 2000$). is it better to have separate phono preamp or preamp with phono selection ? . Thanks you very much for all advice.
winsound
At your stated price point, the VPI Scout is a great buy with excellent sound. For a bit more, the VPI ScoutMaster is an even better turntable. To my eye, these are attractive turntables, but perhaps more appealing to those who value the "form follows function" design aesthetic. You sure can't beat the sound quality, reliability and ease of use, though.

As to phono preamps, as C123666 comments "Both ways are excellent". A full function preamp with integrated phono is more cost effective to manufacture and eliminates a set of interconnect cables from the equation. The tradeoff is that there is more design execution freedom (e.g., for a more massive power supply) when the phono stage is in a separate chassis.

A case in point is the Aesthetix Saturn series of preamps. All are excellent at their respective price points. The Aesthetix Janus full function preamp with phono is very very good. Its higher priced sibling, the phono stage only Aesthetix Rhea combined with the separate Calypso line stage is better. (To some extent the improving sonic results are the result of being able to build the units at a higher price point with more expensive components. Clearly it's not just the result of throwing the same parts into two separate boxes.)

You can take this design approach even further to the Aesthetix Jupiter series where separate power supply chassis are used (so each unit is two chassis, with the option to use two power supply chassis for a total of three), and the sonic reward is even greater.

If you already have a line stage you're pleased with, then without a doubt the most cost effective way to go will be to add a separate phono stage only unit. There are many options here all up and down the price continuum.

Good luck!
Also,,,used Audio Research SP9 and SP9 Mk II units are great values. You must assume you will put material money in servicing them since they are 15 years or more old. The MkII brings materially more money but I have no idea if it is worth the extra money. The AR fans can chime in on this one.
Also a very good value are the Conrad-Johnson preamps, particularly the PV-9A or Evolution 20 if you can find either one. In my opinion, these were the best of the PV-series full function preamps c-j made. After these two, the need to build to a lower-cost price point in the PV-series had its impact. And, the Premier 7 set its own standard.
The Aesthetix stuff is very good; it is also very, very expensive for even their entry level model.
I second the Hagerman Trumpet phono pre; however, it won't do low output cartridges. You must use a step-up or a cartridge that is high output.

I owned a Black Cube (w/PWX power supply) for some time. Some say it is "dry." I never experienced that at all. It also allows cartridge loading and, I think, 60 db of output--enough for any cartridge. Used, they are a great deal.

Then a decent line stage--I go for tubes. The AES DJH Super Preamp is outstanding (use NOS tubes).