Levinson source with CJ amps experience

At one point in my life the best sounding system I owned was CJ from start to finish with the speakers being Wilson. I recently had an all Harmon Speciality system (ML380,39,Proceed AMP 5,Revel Salons) sound better once I changed out the Pass 600s for the AMP 5. It appears that these companies tweak their products to form quite a synergy. I have bought some CJ 8's and wanted to know has anyone had any experience with these amps and an Levinson front end. I plan on keeping the Salons unless they don't match well. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I don't have any dealers in my area to compare which brings me to this forum.

Thanks

Tommy
tommy
I have used CJ and Levinson extensively. They both have a similar presentation and in my opinion work well together. All my combinations use the Levinson 37 transport. First I used a CJ Premier 11a, CJ Premier 14 and ML 36s. When I got the upgrade bug I borrowed a ML 380 and compared it to the CJ Premier 14 in my house. The ML 380 had better bass definition. The CJ Premier 14 presented more detail, wider and deeper sound stage. Currently I use a Cary 805C amp, CJ Premier 16 pre-amp, CJ Premier 15-II phono pre-amp, ML 360S DAC and ML 37 transport.
Thanks Welcher Have you ever used the CJ dac and transport or any other digital front end with your system? I was very happy with the CJ14 but I know it is a little long in the tooth. How would you compare the ML380 to the CJ16

Thanks

Tommy
I have not used the CJ DAC and transport. I have heard second hand that the CJ DAC was not one of their better products. Prior to the Levinson front end I used a Theta Gen Va and data basic II. I prefer the Levinson front end. I can see how some people would like the Theta (vivid and in your face), but I prefer a more mellow presentation. The Premier 16 builds upon and is better in all facets (wider/deeper soundstage, more detail and better bass) then the Premier 14. I consider the Premier 16 to be an order of magnitude better that the ML 380. I would like to compare the Premier 16 to the ML 320 or 380S.
Do you have series 1 or 2 of the 16? There are a couple for sell right now one of each version. Any thoughts???
I have a series 1. I purchased mine on Audiogon for just under 4k. I think the series 1 should sell for the same price as a used ML 380s. IE between 3,200 and 3,800. CJ quoted me 1,000 to update my 16 to a series 2 and add a home theater by pass.

John