Thoughts on the Supratek Chardonnay

I'd just like some input as to your experiences, good or bad, with the Chardonnay. I use an Audio Research SP16L right now with an Odyssey Stratos Dual Mono and Dynaudio Contour MKII speakers. Cabling is Pro9+ for speakers and MagicLink and Prosilways. Is the Chardonnay really that good?
canucks0
I have had mine for 6 weeks and it made my stereo come alive like no other equipment I have owned. (20 years audiophile). It is the best $2200 I have ever spent in audio. Mick was a pleasure to deal with and was forth coming with all inquiries. The preamp looks bullet proof and sounds awesome. I DOUBT very much there are any widespread issues with these units.
I had a Syrah for awhile. It was pleasant enough but lacked the resolution I was looking for.

Arkio, what do you mean by "the preamp looks bulletproof?"

"Sounds Awesome" is subjective and I have no reason to doubt your assesment, but to designate something as bulletproof would require an in depth knowledge of the circuits and the components utilized.
if there are some failings with any products,let us hear them from the people who have owned them...nespas ??
I have had a Supratek Chenin running in my system since late November 2004. No reliability issues, no noise issues. It has been a joy to use and listen to.
Herman,
I have delved into my unit, having it opened up to see what makes it tick.. out of curiosity. Being a mechanical engineer I can appreciate the simplicity and design that has gone into this unit. Intimate circuitry knowledge .. No, but enough electronics knowledge to know it is well made. Perhaps my use of ‘bullet proof’ was not the best use of terminology but hopefully you get my meaning.

“Sounds awesome’, yes subjective… but I could not find anything under $3000 new or used that I liked better. Sorry to hear you did not get the resolution out of your Syrah. My detail and resolution is ‘outstanding’… there I go being subjective again : ) What Speakers, CDP and amp do you use?

Good listening