Tube amp for Quad 989???

I'm looking for advice on getting a tube amp for my Quad 989's. My room size is 16x13x11. I'm looking to spend 1500-2500 used. I could go to 3000 if there was a compelling reason. I've been considering BAT, Quicksilver, and Manley.
sea2
Hello; I own 988's and have ordered 989's. I currently drive the system with the mid fi 99 CD_P, 99 pre and 909 amp. Thought about the quad QC24 with the new monoblocks but the comments I have read, are "mixed" to the point that I may want to avoid. Would you care to comment from your experiences? thanks.

RD
[email protected]
There is a special synergy between the Quads & ARC amps - the older ones not the VT100. The Quad's are not easy to drive correctly since their impedance curve starts off above 30 ohms down low and dips down to ~2 ohms at the top end. Use the 16 ohm tap from either a D115 or D70 and you'll have no problems with wieght or volume. I think most people who complain about the Quads have never heard them properly driven.
Synergy is right, and I have more than I ever imagined. Bought a pair of Antique Sound Labs 805 DT 50-Watt SETs. WOW. Connected to the 8-Ohm terminals, the system plays as loudly as I can stand with large-scale classical music. When my GEA-friend first heard the system, his jaw dropped open.
Impedance of the speakers is a huge factor in my experience. I tried the VAC 110/110, ARC VS55, and CJ MV60 and 60SE before settling on the EAR 890. A great combination for the 988s, and I would assume for the 989s as well.
Hi I have a amazing amp for those speakers........58 watts per channel...10HZ to 100,000HZ frequency range and with custom design circutry by Sam's Audio Labs.... It is a Citation 2 amp rebuilt by Sam himself..... take a look at the pictures here http://samsaudiolabs.com/catalog.html

Please email me at [email protected] for more info

thanks