Amperex PQ 6922 vs Amperex PQ 7308

I've read the Joe's Tube Lore re: 6922.There was NO mention of PQ 7308.Will these still be the same performers,or is one superior to the other.Thanks!!
sirspeedy70680e509
Since I messed up my last post,due to a time constraint,let me add missing info.The 3 seperate sets of tubes we compared in my friend's set up,recently,were all CCA TELE,very low noise.The Mullards he has were richer,better stage,smoother.Maybe a drop less dynamic,but really killed the OVERPRICED TELES.in musicality.The only tubes we haven't tried are the Siemens.Supposedly very good,but the debate for him and me,ends this coming Friday,with the "Great Amperex vs Mullard/Ediswan Shootout".Maybe better stuff out there(actually,most likely there is),but the search will end on the 11th of March,for us.This stuff is getting too hard to find,and getting where you have a hard time really being sure of the sellers,of vintage tubes.We've been lucky,so far.BTW-we both have Transfiguration Temper-v(low output)cartridges.I'll follow up,but remember,it is only going to be the opinion of a couple(3)listeners.

In no way do any of us proclaim to be the "Last Word"here.Just a couple of passionate MUSIC lovers.Also,the systems that tubes are employed in,will obviously affect the perceived sound,so this is meaningless,other than curiosity,to all but me,and my pal's set-up!!

Oh,yea.Forgot to mention that we'll be sharing a good quantity of some Merlot during the 4 or 5 hour listening session,so,when I post any results they will probably be meaningless anyway,but I'll sure have a "Good Time"!!

Have a nice weekend,all!
Sirspeedy. Well said sir. Your experience with ARC phono stages mirror mine with the ARC gear. It's great to find a particular tube type that fits the bill and I concurr with your assessment of the mullards. Throughout the years with the arc sp-3a and sp-6, my preference with those 12ax7 based preamps was unilaterally with siemens 12ax7's and with the 8 and [particularly] the 10 it was unilaterally the early seimen e88cc's. Arc gear just seem to love the seimen tubes. Interesting though that the my first 2 tubes in the phono of my sp-10 are also Mullards due to their dead quiet noise characteristics. You may want to give the early seimens a go though. They are certainly my favorites in the phono of the sp-10. Best of luck
Sirspeedy, You didn't mention that your Ediswan tubes were actually low noise Mullards until your 03/05/05 post. An "Ediswan tube" could have been any of several brands. Low noise Mullards are fine tubes indeed. That being said, I'm still curious, How did the "Great Amperex vs. Mullard/Ediswan shootout" turn out? Did the Amperex PQ's hold thier own against the low noise Mullards?
I was sworn to secrecy,because of the possibility of further price gauging,but I have a BIG mouth,so here goes.Joe's tube lore is RIGHT on the money.I am shocked at how accurately he described the differences.We tried quite a few tubes.The Ediswans I have are fabs,but the PQ 6922's SMOKED everything we thru at them.I have NO 6922 PQ"s and am SICK!!The Mullards,by the way,destroyed the FAMOUS diamond bottomed TELES!!That is the regular MULLARDS.As did the Ediswans.

I'm going to get yelled at by my audio-crew for posting this,but I did promise.
Sirspeedy, I'm currently running 4 sets of matched low noise 7308 Amperex PQ with shield--circa 1963 and 1964-- in my Bat vk5i preamp. These tubes were bought from "Sam"-here @ audiogon and from Brenden @ Tube World. They both also carry 6922 PQ's. My tubes are still going strong after 1 years use. I would buy tubes again from either of these people. Also, I had two sets of these tubes checked out by Andy @ vintage Tube Services, a year ago, when I first bought them. He rated them as excellent with no microphonics. He said that they're the real thing. Just a recommendation of tube sellers, in case you may want to buy some PQ's. Best, Stan