Amperex PQ 6922 vs Amperex PQ 7308

I've read the Joe's Tube Lore re: 6922.There was NO mention of PQ 7308.Will these still be the same performers,or is one superior to the other.Thanks!!
sirspeedy70680e509
Gotta agree with Talon4 and disagree with Dekay. There is a difference b/t the PQ and JAN versions. I prefer the PQ
Talon:

In general the Holland 6922's and 7308's are a bit softer sounding than their USA counterparts.

I usually prefer softer sounding 6922 types, but I ended up keeping only USA versions for personal use (so there are other subtle differences which I am unable to describe well).

I've read that PQ's were screened for close section match, but as mentioned I've never detected a difference between the PQ/Non-PQ versions I've gone through. I have both types sharing the same production/date codes (they are the same tubes).

JAN/USN, etc., were marked such for military purchase orders (same as tubes being marked IBM for IBM PO's, Fisher by Mullard, Telefunken tubes marked Pilot Radio Corp., etc.).

In all the gear I've used White label 6922's have fuller bass/mid-bass than White label 7308's. The 7308's have greater HF extension than the 6922. My preference is dependent upon the system they are being used in.

Never tried 7308's in a phono section.
The JAN- (Joint Army Navy) tubes that I've used were the 7308 Green Letter-1976 and the 7308 Orange Globe Logo-1967. The older the tube the better. I've never tried an older JAN tube like a 7308 white letter JAN-USN. I've heard that they are very good. So the difference between a JAN tube and a PQ depends on what year/type of JAN you have. I'd still rather have a PQ over a JAN-USN, but who knows, some JAN-USN could be PQ-Premium Quality, before lettering.(ie. the same tube) If I ever have a tube question that I can't find information about, I call Andy @ Vintage Tube Services. He's very knowledgeable. Dekay-- Thanks for relaying your experience with the Holland PQ tubes.It's a big help.
Well my friend(Ex friend/after he scored these tubes)just picked up a quad of NOS Amperex 6922 PQ for his phonostage.WE both have the same 3-tube phonostage.AS I've indicated,I RUN LOW NOISE EDISWAN'S HERE.I'll be going over to his home next week and we'll do a comparison.Will add thread as to results.I can't wait.We've already tried Mullard/TELE's etc.These new results should be fascinating.
Post removed