Upgrade in five channel amplifier

Current System:

Classe SSP 60 Processor
Sunfire Signature Grand Five Channel Amp (Original Version)
Sonus Faber Grand Piano Homes, Solo and rears
Heavily modded Pioneer DVD Player
Velodyne 12" Sub
MAS Speaker and Interconnects

I am overall happy with the sound of my system during movie and concert playback. When I listen in two channel is the problem. The music is uninvolving and I have a hard time listening at length. Thought about replacing the GP Homes but others have convinced me this may not be the way to go. What five channel amp for around 4K used would be more musical than the Sunfire. Listen to mostly jazz and male and female vocalists.

Would I be better off with a excellent two channel amp and a good three channel amp?

Here are some brands that I may consider but have not auditioned:

Theta
Butler Audio
McCormack
Conrad Johnson
Pass
Vecteur

All comments are welcome.
hiflyer
Get rid of the Classe' and find a suitable preamp or preamp / processor. It is my experience that most Pre / Pro's suck the life out of music. Whatever you choose to go with, make sure that you run the preamp to power amp in balanced mode. When doing this, make sure that the pin-out of the preamp or preamp - processor uses the same pin configuration as Sunfire's use a sligthly different wiring arrangement. The system would still work if the pin-outs weren't the same, but the sound wouldn't be anywhere near as good. In fact, you might want to check to make sure that this isn't what you're already dealing with now before spending any more money. Replace the stock power cord on the Sunfire amp with something more suitable and for speaker cabling, use Goertz MI-2 Veracity. Been there, done that and on more than one Sunfire based multi-channel system. Sean
>
Thanks for all of the great responses here. A lot of information to ponder and based upon your comments, several different choices in altering my system. I think that the first step would be to try a two channel preamp and see if that makes a significant difference. If not, then I know it is not the preamp that is the problem. Just a side note, I have owned a Audible Illusions L1 preamp and a Clayton Audio S 40 amp which has been my best gauge for two channel listening. The sound was sweet and detailed which I like.

What preamp with HT pass through would be a significant upgrade around 2K? Blue Circle BC 21? Any others??

Thanks Again
I'm in a similar boat, and have been thinking about adding a Vacuum Tube Logic pre-amp for use in two-channel listening. It has theater bypass circuit to pass signal on to my Rotel five-channel pre-pro. I've heard the VTL 2.5 and 5.5 in the store, and hope to arrange a home demo soon. Happy listening.
Clayton amps, good choice. I have a pair of M100's running now.....sweet....

How about something like this:

Cary SLP-2002 (highly modded)

I have no affiliation with the seller.
BAT, Sonic Frontiers, Classe, Blue Circle, many others out there. A couple bucks more and I've got a Mark Levinson 38S I can sell you.

Happy Hunting,
John
I have a Theta Dreadnaught that I run with my Classe ssp-30mk11 with excellent results. It is well known to be one of the best 5-channel amps that excel in 2-channel listening. Give one a listen.