Conrad Johnson's Sonographe SA-250 or the SA-400?

Both of these amps unlike the MF series are Bipolar design rather than Mosfet. Although the Sonographe products are considered entry level for Conrad Johnson, there is nothing entry level about the sound quality or build quality! In fact I prefer the Sonographe sound to the MF series, maybe because I prefer the Bipolar sound now. Anyway I have owned more amps than allowable by law so when I first aquired an SA-250 I was immediately struck by the level of sound quality that it possesed. In fact this was exactly what I was looking for. This was an amp I could live with for a long time. From what I've gathered, the SA-250 was rated a Stereophile class B component, does anyone pay any attention to these ratings? Eventually I wanted more power & purchased the SA-400. Called CJ and they told me the sound of the SA-400 was identical to the SA-250 but with more power. I can now confirm this to be true. Conrad Johnson products are an excellent investment & the Sonograhe line is no different. Don't hesitate to give these amps a try, as they are major bargains on the used market.
phd
right now I am using the wonderful Sonic Frontiers SFL-1 but I am curious to know if a CJ pre or a solid state Sonographe pre would be better. I don't know if a SS CJ pre would be more warm than the SF hybrid tube pre as SF always made very neutral gear. I am looking to emphasize the warmth and transparency of the SA-250 I have. Since my Thiel's are about as neutral as they come I don't think that many pres/amps will be able to fully take that character away from them.
I had goodluck a few years ago with a CJ PF2L preamp. The SA400 and PF2 were my introduction into higher end stereo and I still remember how good they sounded. I have heard the PV10 preamps and did not care for them.
Also, CJ recommends turning the amp off at night but I've found that the amps sound best when run 24/7.

I just replaced a Sonographe SA-120 with the larger SA-250 and the SA-250 sounded lean and lackluster in comparison to the warmed SA-120. I'm near my first 24 hrs with the SA-250 and it's starting to sound as good as the SA-120...

before the 18 hour warm up the instruments were lifeless and lacked the weight and body that they had with the SA-120

any thoughts gentlemen?

As it stands I'm going to keep leaving mine on and save on electricity in other places. :P
I have tried alot of preamps but one of my favorites was the VK5i I just sold. The best combination I have had was the 5i and VK55 amp.

I downsized my system somewhat and now I have a Cayin 265Ai Class A integrated amp.