CJ premier 8 - please share your comments

Hi - I am evaluating/listening a pair of CJ Premier 8 at home this weekend (dealer is sellinfga his demo pair).

I am not familiar with the CJ line (never had any amp/preamp from them before). I will kindly appreciate your valuable experience/insight regarding this amps. (please check my system description)

I must decide if I am keeping them or not next Monday !!!

Fernando
128x128flg2001
One way to get this estimate would be to check with C-J on the current cost of their replacement tube set: RTPR8 (with 6550 output tubes):
703-698-8581 or [email protected]
Fernando,before spending any further money,why can't you ask your wife if you could move the speakers out into the room for one day,just to hear the different perspective.My friend's wife was very against him doing this,since his was,also,a living room.What we(some audio buddies)did,I admit, was to take a chance,and,"PLAY WITH FIRE"at my friend's house.Over a course of a couple of listening sessions we moved the speakers out one or two inches at a time.She didn't notice until a few weeks later,and,by then it was her birthday,where my friend bought(bribed)her a beautiful bracelet.P.S.The speakers stayed further out!Sometimes being an audiophile requirs some degree of cunning,and creativity.Good luck!Oh,yeah,I forgot to mention that "begging" helps too.I've done plenty of that over the years.
ever heard the VTL 450 signatures? I've owned the premier 8 and the 450 never at the same time but I believe the 450 is the better sounding of the two especially if the 450 is the infini capacitor version it has better bass control also.