Best Pre-amp for the McCormack DNA-1 Deluxe

I'm getting the itch for another upgrade. I currently am running a tubed Conrad Johnson PV10 (with phono) and B&W 805 Nauts. The room is 15 X 35...I'm waiting for a Rel Strata sub.

Is their a better mate for my current pre-amp and speakers at the $600-$1000 level. I do need a phono amp for my turntable, and I would consider buying separate equipment for this, so it doesn't have to be integrated in the Pre-amp.
whyt_rabbit
Dawg, makes a very good point regarding gain. Whatever your choice, a quality attenuator is, IMHO, crucial with the Mc and will pay great rewards.
whyt,
check out www.audiomirror.com. this amplifier might not have a name,but sound quality to my ear are just as good as any multi thousand dollars pre-amp..just sold my Bat pre-amp for this pre-amp and couldnt be any happier..i have no affiliate with this company..just one happy customer.
Well, I've been searching the threads and I've seen a lot of good things about Rogue audio's "99" with Phono Stage (important, since I don't want to purchase a separate phono amp). Would this really be that big of a jump in overall sound quality over the CJ PV10??
I am running a Tube Audio Design 150 with my DNA-1 through Vandersteen 2 CE sigs. It has phono and can be had for about $7-800. I had five other pres in 04 and the TAD-150 sounded better than the others by a fairly wide margain, the only one that came close was the ARC SP9 MK2 with Amperex USN-CEP. Read the reviews in the A=gon review section.
Eagleman,

Weren't you having some problems with a speaker humm do to your TAD?? I think the last response I read was that you were sending it back to B-Bee for repair Did that ever get resolved??